Serving the Muslim Community and the Australian Public
Australian National Imams Council (ANIC) seeks to strive to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthening and encouraging all Muslims to be faithful in Allah (SWT), His Prophet Muhammad (SAW) through the teachings of the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
- Providing effective religious leadership for all Muslims in Australia and strengthening and encouraging unity and cooperation with all Imams, Board of Imams, Islamic scholars, Mosque committees, religious social organisations and Government and civic Institutions throughout Australia.
- Working towards promoting better relations and understanding between Muslims and other faith groups as well as wider Australian society by spearheading religious understanding, universal and Australian values of morality, fairness, equity, justice among the Muslims and the wider Australian society
- Establishing a Council of Jurisprudence (Fiqh) and Research consisting of qualified Imams and Islamic scholars to issue Islamic legal rulings (Fatwa) on new and emerging issues, considering the socio-cultural, economic, and
political contexts in Australia.
- Developing and implementing strategic plans and programs to deal with issues and challenges facing the Muslim community, in the areas of, inter alia education, family, dispute resolution, youth, women and refugee matters.
- Organising conferences, workshops, training programmes, interfaith dialogues to clarify the message of Islam and mainstream Islamic ideology.